For the past few months, I have been busy writing my next series before I dive back into the Thornton World to concentrate on Jake’s story (can’t wait!). Things have changed greatly from the original concept which was supposed to be a single, standalone book. Now, I have a three book series which has been both a challenge and a pleasure to write.
So, here are a few things I can tell you about the series . . .
- It is a Captive Romance story.
- The series is currently called REQUESTED. (I’m saying ‘currently’ because I keep tossing up between two series names, but this is the one I’m sticking with at the moment.)
- The story is told from three different points of view.
- There are characters to both love and hate. Sometimes the ones you love will also be the ones you hate.
- Music plays a role within the story, but mostly in the final book.
- The books will be released in quick succession.
- The album I have had on repeat while writing this series (in particular the third book) is Dark Piano for Dark Thoughts by Lucas King. (www.youtube.com/user/LucasKingPiano)
- The first book is called DON’T SAY A WORD.
- The series is a slow build with the final book being the most intense and dark and satisfying.
- Each book is around 50,000 words.
- Someone dies.
- There are cliffhangers.
- The quote at the start of book one is: “I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things.” – Tom Waits
- The main character is called Mia.
- I am in love with the cover of the first book (as seen below.) And the second. But especially the third.